This is a heartwarming, feel-good, and rich in antioxidants lentil soup. Very easy to make and requires only five basic ingredients that you can find in any pantry at home.
- 1 cup of lentils
- 2 Tablespoons of rice
- 2 cups of chicken stock (low sodium preferred) Can be made vegan by substituting for vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Sauté onions with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot on medium heat until tender and translucent.
- Add the lentils, rice and chicken stock.
- Raise the temperature to high and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, cover and simmer on low heat for 40-50 minutes.
- The lentils and rice should be extremely tender by now. Whip out your immersion blender and blend until you reach the desirable consistency.
- Serve hot with a side of baguette strips.