This is a very easy, ready in 30 minutes Riz A Djej, packed with proteins and extremely aromatic.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rice
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 3 chicken breasts
- 500 g ground beef (90% lean is preferred)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoon All-spice
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- Cook the chicken breasts in a pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil on low-medium heat for 10 mins (flipping halfway). Set aside, and shred into small pieces once cooled down.
- Cook the ground beef with 2 tsps of All-spice in a pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil until browning is complete. You can also add a diced small onion and cook with the ground beef. Set aside.
- Add 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of chicken stock into a large pot. Add the cooked minced beef, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Put it on high heat until the rice boils, then cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 mins (or according to rice package instructions).
- In the meantime, fry 0.5 cup of sliced almonds with 1 Tbsp of olive oil until golden.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the shredded chicken. Top with the golden almonds.