- 500g ground beef
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon of Taco seasoning (package or make your own-recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 200g mixed cheddar, shredded
- 4 Tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Sauté with garlic and onion until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato paste, and 1 Tablespoon water; cook on medium-low for 5 minutes.
- Warm a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Place a flour tortilla in the pan and sprinkle half with cheese, beef mixture and more cheese.
- Fold tortilla over and fry lightly on both sides until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with guacamole and sour cream.